In this day and age, it is absolutely necessary to have a website that is optimized for mobile usage. While people do still use traditional websites on laptop and desktop computers to explore the services that they need, more and more people are turning to their smartphones to browse the web and to visit company websites. To give you a better idea as to why mobile compatibility is such an urgent need for your law firm, here are some compelling statistics that will persuade you to begin working on your website and some instruction on how you can begin taking the first steps.
The growing mobile user base
Before the introduction of the modern smartphone, browsing the internet on a flip phone or on a regular cellphone was difficult to do. Much of the stuff on the internet didn’t translate well to mobile devices. The continual improvement in cellphone technology, however, has allowed cell phone users to surf the web and visit websites in the same manner that they would be able to on the computer. This shift in technology has made it more convenient for phone users to use the internet on the go and, as such, has made internet use on mobile devices a more attractive for most. This increase in mobile internet use is reflected in the statistics below, which will hopefully demonstrate the growing need to optimize your website for mobile users in need of law services.
- 51 percent of consumers report using their mobile devices to look for new products and brands.
- 89 percent of consumers would recommend a brand that provided them with a positive mobile experience.
- 46 percent of people would leave a brand if they did not have a seamless and enjoyable mobile experience, and 57 percent said they wouldn’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile website.
- 70 percent of individuals who purchased something in a store took to their mobile device to learn more about the product.
- About 40 percent of online purchases were done on mobile devices.
- 40 percent of people who did not have a high-quality mobile experience with one business will visit a competitor’s site instead.
- 88 percent of people who search for local businesses on their mobile devices will call or visit that business within 24 hours of the search.
- 92 percent of those who searched for a product on their mobile phone made a related purchase.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of mobile user statistics and how mobile users affect business, but this has hopefully driven across the importance of having a well-designed, fully functional mobile website and just how many people are flocking to their mobile devices to learn more about a business and make purchases.
What does a great mobile site consist of?
Now that you know how important it is to have a mobile optimized website for your law firm, you may be asking yourself what this mobile website needs to make it stand out from your competition. This is a great question, and your website will need several different characteristics to attract your desired audience. Here are a few major aspects you will need to focus on when you start preparing your website for mobile optimization.
- Accessibility. Although the majority of your visitors who use a mobile device are going to be younger, you must have a website that is accessible to all visitors including those who are older or those who have certain disabilities that prevent them from navigating the website as intended.
- Attractive layout. Looks are (almost) everything, and it is important that your color scheme and your pictures are presented in such a way that is appealing and does not make it hard to read or look at your website.
- Easy to navigate. Much like the statistics say above, users are not going to be happy with a mobile website that is difficult to use. Make sure that your site is easy to move around in and that it provides simple sections for each aspect of your business.
- Simple content. On a mobile website, no one wants to read walls of text or go through miles of small text. Keep text larger, broken apart, and to the point so that visitors can read through your site and easily find what they need.
- Quick load times. If your website isn’t quick to load, your potential clients won’t be quick to contact you. Make sure that your website loads quickly and can be navigated quickly as well.
Despite having all of this information at your disposal, you may not have the capabilities to transform your law firm website into a mobile version that will attract the clients you desire. If this is the case, we highly recommend visiting our website to build the mobile website that you need.